January 20-27, 2019, Sunday - Sunday
Join award-winning writer & performer Ann Randolph for 7 days of writing, creating, and outdoor adventures on Kauai’s breathtaking North Shore. A perfect retreat for those seeking to explore memoir, personal essay, solo performance, and self-expression in a spectacular setting.
This retreat is an invitation for you to discover your own unique and powerful story and the profound transformation that occurs in speaking it out loud. You'll learn how to trust your creative impulses, thus embracing all of who you are. By becoming the author of your own life and learning how to tell your own story, you will not only learn to craft your experience into a compelling narrative, but you will also unleash a sense of purpose in your life that you never thought possible. Ann Randolph creates a supportive, fun, and dynamic space in which to create - writing exercises, and experiential exercises.
10 Beautiful Benefits of Coming to a Kauai Retreat
1. Get a jump-start on your memoir, solo show and generate new material.
2. Hike the world-famous Na Pali coastline.
3. Discover new ways to create spontaneously.
4. Swim in Hanalei Bay, named “Best Beach in America” by The Huffington Post and National Geographic.
5. Expand your range of self-expression and discover your uniquely powerful voice.
6. Experience the healing energy of the oldest of the Hawaiian islands.
7. Transform your “inner critic” into material.
8. Eat delicious locally-grown food.
9. Learn to craft your narrative in a compelling way.
10. Spend a week with the coolest people on the planet.
Tuition includes 35 hours of class time, healthy organic lunches, an evening cook out on the beach, excursions to local beaches and an opportunity to read or perform your story in our student show for the community. Fresh fruit, drinks, and snacks will be served thoughout the day.
Please be assured there are a range of accommodations ranging from tent sites to 5 star hotels.
Stay at the Kauai Retreat House We are fortunate to be able to offer several rooms at different price points for students to stay and enjoy the peace of being all in one location for both work and rest during the week-long retreat. These rooms usually do fill very early, so let us know if this is your preferred accommodation and we can let you know which rooms are still available.
Rent a House If you’re looking for an inexpensive room, please check into AirBnB or VRBO. Ann has stayed in numerous rooms and houses through this site and our Destination Manager can look into any site that you might be interested in. Consider getting friends together and sharing a house.